Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 9 - NH Buddy Walk

In September 2010, Connor, Makayla, Jeff and I walked in the NH Buddy Walk. Connor's Uncle Andy and his Godmother Auntie Katie walked with us as well.  When I registered for the walk I was honestly only expecting to raise a few hundred dollars at most. I was stunned by the support we were given from our friends and family. We raised over $1,500. We are so lucky to have such amazing and supportive people in our lives and I am forever thankful for each and every one of them!


Connor with Auntie Katie:


This event was really the first time that I met other children with Down Syndrome along with their families. It was nice to see that the older children were doing so well. We had been told that although Connor would have to work much harder to accomplish each milestone, he would eventually do all the same things as other kids. This was the first time we saw older children and they were all walking and dancing and singing and it was such a postive thing for me to see. Throughout the day we saw so many smiles and it was a really fun event! 

No comments:

Post a Comment