Sunday, October 28, 2012

31 for 21 - What I look forward to...

When Connor was born I had no idea what to expect for the future. No one can ever really know what the future holds for any child. However, there are many things that I look forward to. I look forward to Connor going to school and making friends. I look forward to him going on playdates and attending Birthday Parties. I look forward to him learning how to read and write and play sports and anything else he may desire to learn. I look forward to Connor going to high school and possibly learning how to drive (although that is a scary one considering how he rides around on his fire truck now!) I look forward to Connor attending college and finding a great job. I look forward to him falling in love and the possibility of him getting married someday. These are the same dreams that I have for Makayla as well as our new baby. Just because Connor has Down Syndrome does not mean that my dreams change for him. He is my little boy and I hope that he gets everything he ever hopes for. I used to be worried that Connor would live at home forever, but honestly now I kind of selfishly hope he does. Of course I want him to go out on his own and experience life, but at the same time I am not sure I will ever be ready for him to leave us. We have so much fun together and I look forward to all the fun experiences ahead!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment