Friday, October 31, 2014

Day 31 - Down Syndrome Awareness - Letter to Connor

Dear Connor,

Another year has passed and you are growing into such a big boy. You surprise me everyday with all of the new things you have learned. You are such a funny kid who loves to laugh and more importantly loves to make other laugh. You are constantly doing things to make Nate and Makayla crack up. The three of you play together all the time and we are always listening to giggling.

You have learned so many new things over the past year. You know most of the letters of the alphabet. You can count to 10 and are starting to understand some addition and subtraction. We waited for so long for you to walk and now no one would every know you didn't start walking until you were 3. You are running around getting into trouble all the time! You can jump and do hand stands and are awesome at yoga poses.

You have some new favorite shows you like to watch on the iPad. Before, the only show you would watch was Mickey Mouse, but now you enjoy Daniel Tiger, Curious George and Phineas and Ferb. As much as I love Daniel Tiger, I still secretly smile when you turn on Mickey because it reminds me of you when you were younger!

Not only are you learning new things everyday, but you also teach us new things all the time. I will always admire how hard you work to accomplish whatever goal you are working towards. You have taught us all to slow down and enjoy the little things in the life instead of just rushing around (even though I do try to hurry you along most of the day!) You have taught Nathan almost everything he knows and I do blame you for many of his bad habits =)

You give the most amazing hugs and I love to snuggle on the couch reading books with you. I love you more and more everyday. I am so lucky to be your mom!

Love,
Mom













No comments:

Post a Comment