Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day 16 - Down Syndrome Awareness

Dear Nathan,

I think it is only fair that I write a letter to you after I wrote to Makayla telling her what a wonderful big sister she is. While I don't have as many nice things to say about you just yet, I do want you to know that you are the perfect brother for Connor. I believe at this point in your life you think your whole reason for being born is to torment Connor (and me). You know exactly how to get under his skin and upset him. Connor has always been very sensitive to certain noises (like coughing) and you have that perfect pitch in your cry/scream and know how to set him off. Almost every time you are in the car together you start with that cry just to get him going and then you are both yelling and crying! You fight over toys and huggies and food and just about everything. And then in the very next minute you are like best friends.  I know how much you love each other. When you want to be sweet you can and you love to give each other hugs! I know that you are always going to be there to watch out for your big bro in the same way that he is going to watch out for you. You walk him out to the bus every morning and then wait at the door for him to get home a few hours later. As soon as that bus pulls in the driveway you are out the door running to give Connor the biggest happiest greeting!  So even though the two of you may fight on occasion, you absolutely love each other and I am very thankful that you are here to teach each other and learn all about life together.

Love,
Mom









No comments:

Post a Comment