Thursday, October 31, 2013

Down Syndrome Awareness - Day 31 Letter to Connor

Dear Connor,

I cannot believe another year has gone by. You are growing up so fast and time is flying by! You have accomplished so much in the past year and I am just so proud of you. In January, you started school and absolutely love it. You have such a great personality and were never nervous about leaving for school, you even take the bus! When you get home each day you are so happy and I can tell that you had a fun day. During the first few months of school I had to carry you to and from the bus because you were just starting to walk. Now you are running to the bus as soon as it pulls in the driveway and walking up the big steps all on your own. We waited so long for you to walk and now I hardly remember a time when you did not. I know that the same will be true for talking. While you still do not say much, I know that you have a LOT to say and once you start you are going to talk as much as your sister, Makayla!

While I never doubted you were going to be a good big brother, I could have never imagined just how loving you could be. You love "baby" Nate more than anything and I just know you are going to protect him always. You already take care of him and make sure he has everything that he needs. You make him laugh and smile all day long and he loves you as much as you love him.

You and your sister are still 2 goofballs and have your own unique sense of humor. You find the smallest, silliest things hysterical and laugh all the time. You do not pull her hair as often or knock her over so I think she likes playing with you even more now.

I love our time together each afternoon after school. We have lunch and then stories before your nap. You help read the stories now. My favorite part is that you get so aggravated with Nate for stealing your book and trying to eat it. It is all payback. You did that to Makayla for years!

I love you, Connor Patrick Murphy. You are such a sweet, loving boy and we are so thankful you are part of our family!

Love,
Mom

















No comments:

Post a Comment