Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday!

I cannot believe my little baby boy turns 2 today!  It feels like just yesterday we were driving to Boston to be induced into labor. So much has happened over the last 2 years and I have learned so much about medicine, myself and life in general. Connor has taught me to appreciate each and every minute of every day. I have learned to not worry about the little things and always look at the bigger picture.

Connor has accomplished so much over the past year. At this time last year he was still working on sitting independently and rocking on his hands and knees. Since his first birthday, Connor has progressed significantly in his gross motor skills and has learned to sit on his own, commando crawl, pull-to-stand, speed crawl on hands and knees, cruise along furniture, and climb up stairs. Although he is not walking on his own yet, he has gained stability in standing and can do so with just a finger touching the coffee table. Once he gains the confidence to let go he will be off and running! He went from refusing to put any weight on his legs to walking while holding my fingers.

Connor is doing well with his fine motor skills and is determined when it comes to toys such as puzzles, shape sorters, piggy bank, etc. I am amazed at how well he is able to do those things when taking into consideration his problems with vision!

Connor is starting to make more sounds and has learned many signs over the past year including: more, all done, sleep, eat, milk, play, book, blocks, music, bubbles and bath. He is starting to pick up new signs very quickly these days so we plan on adding new ones each week. He has even started combing signs together and will ask for more book or more bubbles. Connor is also working on picture exchange where he makes choices after looking at pictures. He is doing ok with this, but he gives us these looks lately like he is saying "why do i have to choose the picture, can't I just get the toy?" 

Connor waves bye bye, blows kisses, gives the best hugs.  He loves to do the hand motions for the itsy bitsy spider and the wheels on the bus. He has developed quite the personality over the past year and has a very funny sense of humor. He does things everyday to make me laugh and can always make me smile.

I am sad that my little baby is growing up so fast but am so proud of all he has accomplished and look forward to watching him grow and learn in the upcoming year! Love you Connor =)

JANUARY 2010



JANUARY 2011


JANUARY 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment